OMG! They're Threatening To Shut Down the US Government If They Don't Get Their Bailout Money!
Shit! Obama is taking a proactive stance and submitting his expense report before he's actually clocked the meals and entertainment because, well, obviously he needs the cash to cover all the promises he's making. Small business for one but it doesn't stop there.
The pundits can call it campaign contributions but I think the dude is just trying to make sure the debits column adds up to more than the credits column.
Oh and they're threatening that the government could shut down if they don't get what they're asking for. That doesn't sound at all like it could turn out bad.
The Obama administration last week submitted to lawmakers a spending proposal that would cost, according to Republican estimations, between $20 billion and $30 billion.Count 'em up bitches: that's a USPS bailout, a USDA racism bailout, a state "child care" bailout (why the fuck is child care a state issue?), and of course a Social Security bailout to cover just a small part of the $2 trillion in IOUs we stuffed in the SS "trust".
The administration is asking Congress to add some of these spending initiatives to a bill that must be approved by October 1 to avoid a government shut-down.The spending wish list, according to the Associated Press, includes:
- $5.5 billion for the U.S. Postal Service's retirement fund
- $3.4 billion to settle claims that the Interior Department mismanaged Indian trust funds
- $1.2 billion to settle claims of discrimination by the Agriculture Department against black farmers
- $800 million for child care grants to states and
- $350 million to process a backlog of Social Security disability benefits"The Obama administration, Speaker Pelosi and Democrat leaders are going to try and use this as a 'Hail Mary' pass for more government spending and policy items in a frantic last dash before the [November] election," Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-CA) said in an AP report.
Fuck. I don't have anything to say about this. Did anyone else just see what they tried to do there?